Why I Might Need a Virtual Assistant, And a Little AI
I’m getting pretty busy between managing websites, writing, and programming. There are multiple related things I would like to get into but can never seem to find the time. I have wondered if a Virtual assistant might be the answer. But where to start?
The OpenAI chatbot is so popular these days I decided to see what it said about this.
Here is what it came up with:
- Manage calendar and schedule appointments.
- Create and manage databases
- Create and manage customer relationships
- Handle customer service inquiries
- Research and compile data
- Create and manage email campaigns
- Manage social media accounts
- Create and manage website content
- Create and manage online marketing campaigns
- Monitor and respond to online reviews
- Create and manage online surveys
- Create and manage blog posts
- Create and manage newsletters
- Create and manage online ads
- Create and manage online forms
- Create and manage online tutorials
- Create and manage online webinars
- Create and manage online video content
- Create and manage online e-commerce stores
- Create and manage online customer support services.
I have to say, this is not a bad list, and it is not a bad starting point. Now how would I really use a virtual assistant? Here we go:
Create and manage blog posts
I manage multiple websites that need content. A VA could conceivably write some posts, or hire others to write posts on topics I gave them.
Good articles sometimes need good research and I think a VA could be a great help there. They could find websites and maybe books, and do some quick summaries to get me started. This could be a real timesaver. They could even use OpenAI to help them!
Handle customer service inquiries
As I get busier and busier I don’t want any inquiries to fall through the cracks. A VA could at least respond and maybe solve issues. And they could bring things that seem really important to my attention immediately,
Create and manage databases
I like keeping track of everything, often using custom software that I’ve created. I fall behind in entering data and a VA could help keep things up to date.
Manage calendar and schedule appointments.
As I get busy this could become very important.
Create and manage newsletters
I’ve always wanted to start a newsletter using content that I already have or could produce. A VA could make this possible and hopefully enjoy being a little creative. And of course they could manage the subscriber list and customer service.
Create and manage online webinars
This is another thing I’ve considered but can’t seem to find the time. A VA could help.
Create and manage email campaigns
As my email lists grow I might want to create campaigns for various reasons. A VA could manage most of it.
Manage social media accounts
I’ve never been big on social media. With guidance a VA could help with this.
As I’m looking at this I keep finding more and more uses for a Virtual Assistant. More to come on this!
Photo by Polina Zimmerman: https://www.pexels.com/photo/photo-of-woman-using-smartphone-3747409/